We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our 6 bedroom Guest House. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- There is a bus terminus in Keswick and there are frequent bus services.
- The main train station is 25 minutes away by car/bus (Penrith).
- There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis. If required, we can make a booking for you.
- Menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- Free WiFi access is available for guests.
- You can contact us via phone or email (details below).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival at the property there is free and unrestricted parking on all adjacent streets.
- We have some private parking by arrangement.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
- We have a portable ramp for wheelchair access that can be put in place with prior notice.
- The town is a few minutes walk from the Guest House
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has one step 15cm high. We have a temporary ramp available if requested (let us know if you need this and we will provide on arrival).
- The front door is always locked but we do have a bell in the door canopy which can be reached from any height.
- The door is 97cm wide.
- On entry there is a hallway 6 by 1.3 metres.
- There is short-pile carpet flooring throughout the ground floor.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Our corridors to the ground floor bedroom and breakfast room are 1.3m wide.
- Corridors have a good colour contrast and are well lit.
- The flooring on all corridors on the ground floor are short pile carpets.
- The covering on stairs and upstairs corridors is short pile carpet.
- The breakfast room and one bedroom are on the ground floor.
- There are 8 stairs to a landing followed by a further 8 stairs to the first floor bedroom.
- The stairs are 18cm high, 27cm deep, 90cm wide.
Public Areas - WC
- Bedrooms are en suite but no public WC available.
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the ground floor. There are no steps.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Tables have under space of 64cm high by 60cm wide and height of 76cm (legs on each corner). The chairs are without arms.
- Menus can be provided in large print.
- There are 6 bedrooms, one on the ground floor, 4 on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Ground Floor Bedroom (large room) – Wheelchair Compatible
- Door widths (main and bathroom) are 78cm wide.
- Flexible room which can be either twin bedded or super king-size. Beds are 64 cm high
- Furniture is moveable on request.
- Television with remote control.
- Two armchairs are provided in the room.
Ground Floor En-suite
- The en-suite shower room has a walk-in shower with non slip shower tray and grab rail.
- Comfort height toilet with grab rail.
- Portable shower seat and toilet frame available.
- Non-slip wooden laminate flooring.
- Illuminated wall mirror and vanity basin.
First and Second Floor Bedrooms
- Two double-bedded rooms; 1 Superior King-size flexible room (can sleep 3); 1 Superior flexible room can be either twin bedded or super king-size; 1 single room.
- All rooms have an en-suite shower room.
- All rooms have a TV with remote control.
- Fitted short pile carpet on the floor.
- Good contrast in décor.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- We are able to use the front and back doors in the need of evacuation. The fire alarm sounds continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment.
- We are a completely no smoking building.
- We can put items in our main fridge on request (not available 24hours).
- There is an excellent launderette 300 metres from the Guest House in Eskin Street.
- There is a SPAR shop with late opening 300 metres from the Guest House.
- Address: Portland House, 19 Leonard Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 4EL.
- Telephone: 017687 74230
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.portlandhouse.net
- Hours of operation: flexible to business, the Guest House is our home so occupied 24 hours. Mainline telephone answered 8am-9pm
- Local equipment hire companies:
Keswick Motors 017687 72064 (wheel chairs and scooters)
Local public transport numbers: Bus 0871 200 2233 Train 08457 222333
Local accessible taxi numbers: Davies taxis – 017687 72676.
Although we have tried to be as accurate and include as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of our guest house if this statement does not answer your particular query.